Friday, June 18, 2010

ReTweet this to an end!

OK So I've been getting really irritated with twitter nowadays. I remember when I was on twitter for convos with people who felt the same way I did about things. For Example Lady Gaga.




Ever since @ladygaga Tweeted a fans twitlonger saying how much she loved Lady Gaga, almost everyone and there granny has been shoving more of them down our throats. Recently I've seen like a hundred tweets from gaga monsters that say "RT so Gaga can read this! Please read this or I'll cry!!!!" with the Twitlonger link next to it! I've seen more "Get gaga to see this!" than actual tweets. It's getting annoying. They need to realize that Gaga isn't gonna read and ReTweet every one's tweets!


Many are just doing this for the popularity and more followers. To me all this RTing business is pathetic and attention seeking. Are we that desperate for attention and followers? If you have 2,000 followers this doesn't mean your life has been fulfilled. Majority of these people you don't know and in reality only seem like they care about you just so it looks like they are such a great person. This is a social network site not a "Who's The Best Contest" or “Americas Next Top Tweeter" (sadly Fox is probably in works of this show right now.) These are just people who share a bond with you which happens to be the love of lady gaga.


The ones who are creating these twitlonger tweets so they can say how much they love gaga. I love gaga and I don't have to send a long tweet about how much I love her. It was fine when one person did it because to me she explained it so well that every monster could relate to it. For those who couldn't relate then say it, there is a chance that gaga will read it but it doesn't have to be ReTweeted on her personal twitter to make it seem like she cares. She always talks about how wonderful and loving her "Lil monsters" are, she could be reading your tweet but just didn't retweet it. Heck she could be writing your tweet down in a Lil book so she can remember how much her fans care. Who knows?


This is getting ridiculously out of hand. They are so amped up to get a lil recognition that they will bother or harass their followers until they get what they want, and that's wrong. We should be worried about Gaga career making sure she is here for the long run. The music business isn't easy and many are fading away because so many people are just illegally downloading the music instead of buying. We don't want gaga to be some one hit wonder like so many before. But honestly I've seen more "Hey get gaga to see this! RT RT RT!" Than a "I just bought Alejandro on iTunes" or a "I got a pair of gaga sunglasses on her website" so do we really care anymore?


There are good points of meeting gaga monsters on twitter. Many are from different places around the earth, so not only are you getting to know new people but you get to see the major impact lady gaga's music has on others. I know I've met monsters from Africa, South America and China. Another good thing would be seeing why and how others love lady gaga. My favorite question to ask monsters is "Why do you love gaga and what makes you love her?" The answers I get are usually inspiring because we feel so strongly about an artist who has taught us all to let our inner freak out.


I RT things like Good quotes about gaga, Stuff we want to be a Trending Topic, Monsters who SHOULD be followed but aren't harassing for followers. There is nothing wrong with pressing that retweet button. It's that so many are abusing that word to earn something that may just unfollow them in the end.


I love every one of my monster followers. I didn't think 1,233 people would actually find me interesting. I don't need 1 million followers to tell me I'm special. I don't need @ladygaga to retweet me so I can feel loved. I'm happy the way things are.


The Monsters are a virtual but all so real family that comes together in ways that fans of other singers may not. We connect with our hearts (which gaga ate) our words and our actions. We tweet together on twitter, we "like" each other on Facebook, we friend each other Myspace and we watch each other on YouTube. What more could you ask for? We are a family and to me that is something worth being "RT'd" We all have a love for lady gaga so why do I need to beg my followers to RT my tweet so lady gaga can see it? Hell they wanna be recognized by her too! EVERY fan wants to meet their idol or at least have them mention your "twitter name". So let's calm down, keep tweeting and share our love for our Mother Monster ;)

1 comment:

  1. hey it's @audreysgaga from twitter i completely agree with EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID. people are selfless. all they care about is how many followers they have! i do #teamfollowback to meet others, make friends and be entertained by the thoughts of others. i like making people feel good by giving them shoutouts and i have to admit it feels good when my "followers" goes up or i get a shoutout but i'm not CONSTANTLY on at it. i just think it's nice to do, to chat with people, to have a laugh. i get to talk to a lot of people i wouldn't usually get the chance to talk to. i'm having fun. i'm not ABUSING twitter. i don't need to go to "twitter jail" to show how much i can tweet or how many people i have to follow back. more people should read this, SO i'll tweet it ;) but not so gaga can read it. but she can, if she wants i guess :D

    <3

    ReplyDelete